Q- Differentiate between epidermal and cork cells.
Answer- Epidermal cells:
1. Epidermal cells are modified living parenchymal cells.
2. Epidermal cells become barrel-shaped and compactly arranged to form epidermis of all the organs of the plant body.
3. Epidermal cells have a cell wall that is deposited with cuticle.
1. Cork cells are found only in stem of woody trees and dead cells.
2. Cork cells become cubical-shaped and compactly arranged.
3. Cork cells have a cell wall that is deposited with suberin.