Many of you ask us for the answer to the question ‘explain the statement there should be sufficient room for political activity before elections‘ So this article is only based on the answer to the above question. Read this post completely to understand each and everything properly.
Q- Explain the statement ‘There should be sufficient room for political activity before elections’.
Answer- 1. In a democracy, people have the right to choose their representative through the election, and in an election, every people have full freedom to choose a representative of their own choice. In it, no one can force them to vote for a particular representative.
2. More people taking part in an election increases more options for voters to choose a perfect and deserving representative for them. In other words, everyone has the right to take part in elections and no one can restrict anyone from taking part in elections.
3. In a democratic country all the citizens have equal rights along with some special rights that help them to protect their fundamental rights. Some of the basic (fundamental) rights of common people in a democratic country are as follows:
- Right to Freedom
- Right to Equality
- Right against Exploitation
- Right to Constitutional remedies
- Cultural and Educational rights
- Right to Freedom of Religion
The statement given above states that there should be sufficient room for all those activities that are related to politics before elections because this is the only way to held an election in a free and fair manner. If a country is democratic so it is very necessary for it to held elections in a fair manner. There should be sufficient room for all kinds of political activities. And there should be a proper watch over the activities of political parties to avoid the use of any type of malpractice in elections. In elections, each and every citizen have the right to vote to the representative who is appropriate for them.
Here our answer to the above question is finished and we hope that now you got the meaning of the above statement along with the answer of the above question completely. The above question asked about explain the statement there should be sufficient room for political activity before elections. But if you still want to read a little more about democracy and its variants. So please continue reading this article. In the below paragraph I am going to discuss democracy and also provide names of its variants with little detail about them. The following content might help you a lot to understand the answer to the question- explain the statement there should be sufficient room for political activity before elections.
Posts that you should also check:
Variants of Democracy
There are several variants of democracy. In the lines given below, we are going to tell you about all of them in brief.
1. Republic: In this system, a ruler such as Prime Minister or President is appointed through elections and he or she has the power to rule over the nation. This is just like monarchy but the main difference is that in it the ruler is elected by common people through election.
2. Constitutional Monarchy: In a Constitutional monarchy, the ruler is the monarch of the nation but he or she performs all the functions of the country on the basis of the constitution. This type of ruling system is used in several foreign countries. So of the examples of countries that have constitutional monarchy are the Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Thailand, Japan, Bhutan, and other Scandinavian countries.
3. Sortition: Sortition is the system in which the representative is elected with the satisfaction and consent of common people but the process of election is not involved in it because there might be chances of use of any malpractice in the election. So, to avoid the use of any kind of malpractice in the election sortition system was made. In it, the representative is elected on the agreement of the majority of the people. If most of the people are agreeing to make a particular person their representative. So, he or she is made their representative. The Sortition is also called as ‘No election democracy’.
4. Anarchist: This system is just the same as direct democracy. Most of the rules of the Anarchist ruling system are the same as direct democracy. Anarchist is not an important variant of democracy so we are not going to discuss it anymore. We recommend you to read further variants of democracy.
5. Consensus democracy: In Consensus democracy, the ruling party is chosen on the basis of support of majority and minority. If any party gained the majority of the support of that part can rule the country but they had to ruler the nation with respect to the rights of minorities. We are not telling much about the Consensus democracy because the main topic of this article is ‘explain the statement there should be sufficient room for political activity before elections’ and we hope that you may know about the consensus democracy well.
6. Liberal Democracy: Liberal Democracy refers to a kind of democracy in which the representative is elected by common people through the process of election and the decision making power is also provided to that representative but in this system, it is possible for some large scale decisions to get emerged from some decisions of individual people.
7. Consociational Democracy: The consociational democracy allows simultaneous majority votes in two or more ethnoreligious constituencies, and policies are enacted only if they gain majority support from both or all of them. This system divides democracy on the basis of ethnic, linguistic, or religious lines.
Keyword: explain the statement there should be sufficient room for political activity before elections