How A Simple Video Product Review Can Explode Your Affiliate Income In ORBIT!
I think it’s pretty well known by now that whether or not you have a product to sell, affiliate marketing can be quite lucrative. Some marketers make millions of dollars a year just from affiliate marketing.
Ewen Chia, an affiliate marketer, spent his early years trying to figure out all the ways to break a million dollars a year in sales … he finally got it after spending 5 years spending 4 hours a day in line from 11pm to 3am while remaining full time working on his own… he finally cracked the affiliate marketing code and became the world’s most profitable affiliate in the early 2000s. He knows that. he still makes over millions making his own products, but the foundation of his marketing empire was made through affiliate marketing.
I’ll be revealing many of his murderous tactics over the coming weeks and months, but for now, I’ll focus on today’s best strategy … PRODUCT REVIEWS …
Think about it for a moment. You get a really long email from a marketer telling you all about what he ate for lunch or where he is in the world, and at the very bottom of the email is a link…. for more information. It then goes straight to the product sales page and you are then persuaded to BUY … I’m not saying there is anything wrong with that. BUT.
If you’ve built a SOLID relationship with the members of your list, of course, they’ll want to know about you and what you’re doing… BUT.
Suppose you don’t have a BIG list, suppose you don’t have CREDIBILITY – YET! How can you get people to take action on your affiliate products, how can you get people to BUY from you?
The answer lies in reviewing the product. Here is one I made earlier
I prefer to do a video product review because people tend to pay more attention to a video than an entire block of TEXT.
Now as you can see I did a brief intro with my flip cam and then made a video of my 30 day free Camtasia trial. Then I mixed the two. Now anyone can do it., And you have 30 days to learn Camtasia and do multiple product reviews virtually FREE.
To be a product reviewer, of course, you first need to purchase the product. I know people sell affiliate products all the time without buying them first, but if you can afford to buy them you can create a nice little video giving the good (and bad) points of the product itself- even. This will both strengthen CREDIBILITY in you as you will appear to be an authority. Plus, people will see the product in a very different light – BARE BONES… and all.
It’s a much better way to present the product and allay the fears of potential customers. The main concern people have when they see and click on your affiliate link (especially with an information product) is:
1) Is this a scam…?
2) Will this really WORK for ME?
3) Will I be able to do this?
These are all questions you can help answer by creating a visual product review.
a) They know you have the product, so IT EXISTS and cannot be a scam.
b) They can SEE it WORKING, so now they can decide if it’s something that will work for them.
c) While YOU are presenting the product, they can then decide if they are capable of doing what you are doing.
By doing a relatively short, in-depth, and HONEST video review, people can see the product in ACTION. They can see you in ACTION – it gives you credibility as someone who KNOWS how the product works and they can VISUALLY decide if it’s right for them.
Remember those demos at stores and shows where they showcase the Miracle Potato Peeler live … they also SHOW the product 24/7 on a nearby TV … now let’s assume they come from leave a flyer at the booth or have given you a link to the website. do you think they would sell that much? Of course not..
People love television. Video, done right – gives you authority status, if people can SEE you using the product and it works for you – more people will BUY and your affiliate sales will be BIGGER …
My tips for better product reviews:
1) spend time getting to know the product
2) Script the video so you know what to say and when
3) Be natural … this is not the BBC – be yourself, brand yourself as an ethical and credible critic.
4) Always be honest, if the product is RUBBISH… don’t sell it. One bad product can ruin your reputation as a marketer in one fell swoop.
5) Always have an opt-in close to your video if possible. People will always appreciate honest reviews and always want to know how to get more. Make it easy for them by giving them a place to subscribe to your list below the video. With products like EVP2, it is now very possible to feature your video review on one page with an opt-in box below.
6) Include share buttons and Facebook comments below the video so people can share your reviews with their social media friends
7) Share your video product reviews with the world. Post to video sharing sites such as You Tube, Viddler, etc. Post on your Facebook page, ask Digg to dig it… spread the word.
Hope you enjoyed today’s tip for making money – what do you think ?, please leave a comment below or here. Thank you