Q- How are the criteria for deciding divisions in plants different from criteria for deciding sub-groups among animals?
Answer- There are several difference between the criteria for deciding divisions in plants from the criteria for deciding sub-groups among animals because both are have several dissimilarities.
The classification in plants was done on many basis. These are as follows:
1. Presence or distinct cell organelles: Primitive nucleus or true nucleus.
2. Unicellular or multicellular
3. Presence of seed.
4. Seeds are naked or enclosed in the fruit.
5. Differentiation in tissue of vascular bundle.
In animals the basis for classification are as follows:
1. Type of coelom
2. Body organization of organism
3. Fate of notochord
4. Nature of the skin and exoskeleton
5. Presence or absence of notochord
6. Nature of coelom and origin of coelom.