Q- How can you say that elections in India are free, fair and democratic?
Answer- Yes it is correct that elections in India are free, fair and democratic. The factors that make the elections of India free, fair and democratic are as follows:
1. India has an Independent authority which holds the elections in free and fair manner. That authority is known as Election Commission.
2. In India both ruling party and other parties have equal chances of winning elections.
3. No malpractices and unfair means are used in elections.
4. India follows policy of Universal Adult Franchise as well as One man, One vote and One value.
4. After polling the EVM are sealed and sent securely in a centre where counting of votes takes place and no one is allowed to interfere in this procedure.