Q- What are the considerations for assessing crop rotation?
Answer- Crop rotation is the process of growing or cultivating more or less regular recurrent succession of different crops on the same land. In other words crop rotation is the process in which different types of crops are grown alternatively in the same field. We should adopt crop rotation because it helps in restoring the lost fertility of the soil.
The crop rotation method is very advantageous or beneficial for restoring or maintaining the fertility of the soil. Some of the main advantages of crop rotation are as follows:
1. Crop rotation helps in improving the quality of the soil or increases the fertility of the soil.
2. Crop rotation synthesizes farming.
3. Crop rotation allows crop alternation.
4. Crop rotation regulates the use of plant nutrients from the soil.
5. It also helps in pests control and prevents large damage of crop from weeds.