Q- What are the dimensions of ‘food security’?
Answer- Food insecurity is a state of having reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable nutritious food.
The dimensions of food security are as follows:
1. Affordability: Affordability means whether the individual has enough money to buy sufficient and nutritious food.
2. Availability of food: Availability of food refers to the food production within the country including food imports and previous year stock of food in government granaries.
3. Accessibility: Accessibility refers to food available within the affordable price of every person.
Food security of any country mainly depends of the two major factors. These two major factors for food security of a country depend are as follows:
1. The government act at times when this security is threatened.
2. The Public Distribution System.