Q- (a) what are two ways of obtaining fish?
(b) what is the major problem faced in fish farming? How can it be overcome?
Answer- (a) There are two main ways of obtaining fish. These are as follows:
1. Capture fisheries: Capture fisheries involve catching of fish directly from natural water bodies. In it the size of water body does not matter whether it is small or too big.
2. Culture fisheries: Culture fisheries involve rearing of fish in artificial water bodies that are called as breeding pond.
(b) Fish farming is a very beneficial or a high profit gaining work but there are also some problems that are faced by people who practice fish farming. Some of the problems that are faced in fish farming are as follows:
1. Several bacterial as well as viral diseases in fishes that kill them in large scale.
2. Scarcity of availability of pure and healthy fish seed.
There are some ways to overcome these problems. These are as follows:
1. This issue can be solved by the process of hypophysation in which pituitary extract containing FSH and LH hormones are injected in the fishes of good breeds to induce spawning. This process results in quality seeds with desirable quantity.
2. There should be proper hygiene and balanced nutritious diet should be provided to the fishes.