Q- Define taxonomy.
Answer- Taxonomy is the branch of biology that deals with the naming, identifying, defining, classification e.t.c. activities. he first act of taxonomy is identification.
Whittaker is the scientist you give the method of binomial nomenclature. It is a kind of method to divide the entire organisms in the world into different groups or categories. According to him the entire organisms of the world is divided into five main top category that is kingdom.
The five kingdoms of classification given by Whittaker are as follows:
According to R.H Whittaker the entire organism in the world are divided into five kingdoms. These are as follows with ion examples of each:
1. Kingdom Porifera (Euglena and Amoeba)
2. Kingdom Monera (Bacteria and Cyanobacteria)
3. Kingdom Animalia (Animals)
4. Kingdom Plantae (Pinus, Marchantia and Spirogyra)
5. Kingdom Fungi (Rhizopus and penicilium)