Q- Differentiate between Plasma membrane and Cell wall:
1. Plasma membrane is present in all cells.
2. Plasma membrane is a thin, living and semi permeable membrane.
3. Plasma membrane is chemically formed of lipid and protein or plasma membrane is chemically lipoprotenious in nature.
4. Plasma membrane helps in exchange of material between cytoplasm and external environment.
1. Cell wall is present in only plant cells, fungi and bacterial cells.
2. Cell wall is a thick, non-living and permeable membrane.
3. Cell wall is formed of cellulose in plant cells and is also formed of chitin in bacterial cell or fungi.
4. Cell wall helps in protection and proper shape to the cell.