What is FaceTime?
FaceTime is one of the most popular features of Apple products, including iPhones, iPads, and Macs. The iOS app allows its users to make high-definition video calls to others with an iOS device. Due to the popularity of the app, many Android smartphone users often wonder if they can use FaceTime on their smartphones.
Can you FaceTime on an Android smartphone?
Apple’s FaceTime video calling app is only available to users of iOS devices. Many people often search for the app in the Google Play Store. However, an Android smartphone user cannot use and make FaceTime calls because it is not available for devices that are not made by Apple.
There are many other ways to do or make video calls even to iPhone and Mac devices using an Android device or smartphone. Several great FaceTime alternatives work effectively on Android. However, if you search for “FaceTime” on Google Play Store, you can find many apps with a similar name.
These Android apps are not the official Apple FaceTime app that lets you make calls with real FaceTime users. Installing these applications is risky; although you can make video calls using them, they may even contain malware.
A user can try to download other apps for Android smartphones and even other platforms. They just need to have the same app which you are using installed on their device also. So that this can be possible very easily.
Tracking Iphone when its online from an Android phone is only possible in the Google Duo app. Google Duo app does not support group chat with up to 8 people. But It’s shy of the 32 supported by Apple FaceTime, but it works on Android and iOS.
The duo is an app made or authorized by Google. This version of Apple FaceTime is capable to supports 32 people in a single video chat or video call. But in the case of Google Duo, it is supported on both Android mobile as well as iOS devices. This makes it a compelling alternative to FaceTime for families or groups of friends who don’t all have iPhones or iOS devices. You can understand this case by an example:
My wife primarily uses Android, so she can’t regularly join in on FaceTime calls that are started by my other family members on iPhones. Duo lets everyone get in on the fun. As it makes it possible for everyone to join video chat or video call whether he or she is using iphone or android phone.
Steps to connect android users and iphone users in one video call using the Google duo app are given at the bottom paragraph of this article.
Alternatives of FaceTime
Here we are going to tell you about some of the many FaceTime alternatives. So, if you found any of them interesting so you can try them.
1. Google Duo: Google Duo is only available for Android and iOS and currently allows users to add more than 12 people during a video call. Google Duo also offers some awesome features like HD video calling and people can also see your face even before you answer the call. You can also leave a video message (much like a voicemail message) when a user is unable to answer your call on time.
2. Zoom App: The Zoom app is now one of the most used and loved apps by users around the world. People during this lockdown period due to the coronavirus pandemic are using this video conferencing software to do office conferences, talk to their friends and more. However, if you want to plan a date or a movie night with your friends and relatives, Zoom is your go-to app to solve the problem as it allows a user to easily share the screen with their friends.
3. Microsoft Teams: Many apps flourished during this time, including the Microsoft Teams video conferencing app. Many executives, professors, teachers, and others use it to organize meetings, seminars, classes, video calls, etc.
Microsoft Teams has a lot of features like sending links to add users. It also allows users to maintain an attractive background. The background is essential because it can disturb the other person and can create moments of apology or embarrassment for you.
Which is the best app among all alternatives for FaceTime?
We suggest you to use the Google Duo app as it is very easy to use and also a supportive as well as a trusted app. Steps to do this using the Google Duo app are given below:
Here are the steps to use Google Duo for video calls across iPhones, iPads, and Android devices in just one video call. Follow them one by one.
- Firstly you need to install the Google Duo app if you are an android user so install it from the play store and in the case of an iOS user you can install iTunes from the App Store on iPhones and iPads. Make sure everyone with whom you want to chat or add in video chat must have this app on his or her device installed.
- Give all the permission asked by the Google Duo app as it is 100% secure. There is no risk of data loss.
- After doing the above steps, swipe up on the bar at the bottom of your mobile screen.
- Tap on the “Create group.” option.
- After doing this add the people you want to be in your Google Duo group. You can select up to seven other people in a single video call.
- Now Tap on the “Done.” option.
- At last click on the pencil icon to give the proper name to your video call group.
- Now on the main screen, you will see the group you created. Just tap on it and click “Start” to start the call. Google Duo app provides a special feature that made it possible to display your face on the side region when the phone rings on the other end, allowing the other person to see you before they even answer your video chat.
How did you get this article? Tell us in the comment box below and also share your opinion in the comment section.