Q- In which characters, meristematic tissue is different from permanent plant tissue.
Answer- The Meristematic tissue are different from permanent tissue is several ways. Some of the main difference between meristematic and permanent tissue are as follows:
1. The Meristematic tissues do not did cell division throughout the life while the permanent tissue do not did cell division throughout the life as they did cell division for a limited time period.
2. The Meristematic tissues are responsible for the growth of plant or tree as meristematic tissues do not did cell division throughout the life while the permanent tissue are not responsible for growth of plant or tree they did cell division for a limited time period.
3. Meristematic tissues are thin walled and their cell wall is formed of cellulose on the other hand the permanent tissue have either thin or thick cell wall which is formed of pectin.
4. Meristematic tissue is round, oval or polygonal shaped whereas permanent tissues are polygonal, rounded, oval and fibre-like structure.
5. The cytoplasm of meristematic tissue is non-vacuolated whereas the cytoplasm of permanent tissue is vacuolated whereas the cytoplasm of permanent tissue is vacuolated.
6. Intercellular space is present in meristematic tissue while intercellular space is not present in permanent tissue.