Q- Name some of the members of the Constituent Assembly?
Answer- Constituent Assembly is a group of people who collectively work to draft constitution for their country. The members of Indian constituent assembly are elected through elections that were held in July 1946. Its first meeting was held in December 1946 when the country was partitioned into India and Pakistan, the constituent assembly was also divided into the Constituent assembly of India and that of Pakistan.
There are about 299 members in Constituent Assembly but some of them are:
1. B.R Ambedkar (Chairman Drafting Committee later became father of Indian Constitution)
2. Dr. Rajendra Prasad (Chairman)
3. Jaipal Singh (A sportsman and educationist)
4. Baldev Singh (An entrepreneur and a leader of the Panthic Akali Party)
5. Jawaharlal Nehru (Prime Minister of the Interim Government)
6. Sarojini Naidu (Poet, writer and political activist)
7. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee (Educationalist and lawyer).