Q- State how the pressure and wind conditions over India are unique?
Answer- India is a large country which has a unique pressure and wind conditions.
The pressure and wind conditions over India are unique by the following ways:
- Cold dry winds blow from this region to the low pressure areas over the oceans to the south.
- During winter, a high pressure area develops in north of the Himalayas.
- Air moves from the high pressure areas over the southern Indian Ocean in a south-westerly direction, crosses the equator and turns right towards the low pressure area over the India sub-continent.
- These winds are known as south-west monsoon winds.
- These winds blows over the warm oceans gather moisture and bring widespread rainfall over the mainland of India.
- In summer, a low pressure area develops over interior Asia as well as over northwestern India.
- This causes a complete reversal of directions of winds during summer.