Q- What led to subsistence crisis in france?
Reasons behind cause of subsistence crisis in france are as follows:-
1. Population of france rapidly increased that increased the demand of food grains.
2. Due to sever winter the crop got destroyed so the prices of food grains increased.
3. The production of food grains cannot pace the demand of increased population of france.
4. Most of the people were labourers and their wages cannot pace the increased prices of food grains.
5. French treasury emptied due to long years of war.
6. Louis 16 helps America in its war of independence that causes a lot of debt.
7. Louis 16 and Marie Antoinette were extravagant and have costly expenses.