Q- What were the limitations of green revolution?
· Green revolution increases the use of chemical fertilizers which reduce soil fertility
· Due to continuous use of ground water from tube wells for irrigation take water table below
· Due to green revolution farmers use pesticides and insecticide due to which some bacteria of soil which are beneficial in maintaining soil fertility get killed
· Excessive use of fertilizers can make soil alkaline due to which soil fertility will become damaged and soil will get unfit for growing crops.
· The use of chemical fertilizers give better crop but it get dissolve into soil fast unlike to manure and get mixed into the ground water due to which it make ground water unfit for drinking or take in any domestic use.