Q- Which similarities are observed in the lifestyle of pastorals of Jammu and Kashmir and himachal Pradesh? Describe.
· Gujjar Bakarwals of Jammu and Kashmir are great herders of goat they use to move upper mountains during summer season and lower mountain during winter season to get good grazing lands for their cattle
· During the season of winters high mountains get covered with snow the live in shiwalik range.
· They used to move at northern part of Kashmir to get good grazing lands for their cattle they used to move in a group called kafila
· Gaddi shepherds of himachal Pradesh also have same movement during summers and winter they use to move shiwaliks during winter for grazing their cattle to get better grazing lands
· By april they use to move in northern areas like lahul and spiti to get better to get better grazing lands to graze their cattle
· When snow start melting they move to high grounds to prevent floods and other problems.