Q- Write one major distinguishing difference between gymnosperms and angiosperms. Write any four important characters of gymnosperms.
Answer- The main differences between gymnosperms and angiosperms are as follows:
1. No fruit formation occur in gymnosperms while Angiosperms seeds that are enclosed in fruits.
2. Gymnosperms have naked seeds while Angiosperms seeds that are enclosed in fruits.
According to the question the four important characters of gymnosperms are as follows:
1. Sporophyll forms spores in gymnosperms.
2. Only tracheids are present in xylem tissue of gymnosperms.
3. Companion cells are absent in phloem tissue of gymnosperms.
4. Ovules are enclosed in ovary of gymnosperm plants.