Q- Define Passive immunity. Give its significance.
Answer- Passive immunity is a kind of administration of antibodies in an unimmunized person from any immune subject. This helps an unimmunized person to get temporary protection against any microbe or antigen of any disease.
Mostly passive immunity is to be conferred to those people who are exposed to diseases such as whooping cough, measles, mumps, polio, etc. In passive immunity the transfer of active humoral immunity of ready-made antibodies takes place.
Passive immunity generally takes place naturally as it is the immunity development that takes place by inoculation of ready-made antibodies.
There are several significances of passive immunity. Some of the significances are given below:
- The immune response of passive immunity in an individuals’s body is faster than the vaccine.
- Passive immunity is responsive to immediate relief and it is enough working to develop immunity quickly and provide relief instantly.
- What is the general mode of manifestation of a disease
- State the function of Helper-T lymphocytes in the immune system
- Top 10 Natural ways to increase breast milk supply at home
So, That is it for this question (define passive immunity give its significance). We hope that this answer might be very helpful & informational for you.
You can ask us any question related to this subject in the comment and tell us how you found this post. If you found it helpful so follow our blog now. The follow button is available at the bottom of this post.
In this post, we majorly covered the topic ‘Passive immunity‘. In the above answer, we told you about define passive immunity give its significance. So, if you want to learn more about Passive immunity in detail so you can read the paragraph given below. These are based on Passive immunity.