Q- Differentiate between Mixed cropping and Inter cropping.
Answer- Mixed cropping:
1. Mixed cropping is the process of growing two or more different crops together in the same field is called mixed cropping.
2. Mixed cropping is also called as multiple cropping.
3. Mixed cropping helps in preventing depletion of soil fertility.
4. Mixed cropping decreases the chances of crop failure and prevents chances of farmer’s loss.
1. Inter-Cropping is the process of growing of two or more different crops simultaneously in the same field or part of land in definite row pattern.
2. Inter-Cropping has a row patter like 1 : 1, 2 : 1 or 1 : 3.
3. Inter-Cropping also helps in preventing depletion of soil fertility.
4. Inter-Cropping ensures maximum utilization of nutrients in soil.