Q- Discuss the significant difference between the Himalayas and the Peninsular rivers.
Answer- The significant difference between the Himalayas and the Peninsular rivers are as follows:
1. The rivers which originates from Himalayas are peninsular rivers and carries water throughout the year or whole year.
2. These rivers originate from Himalayas and are formed due to melting of snow at Himalayas.
3. These rivers receive water from rainfall as well as melted snow from the mountains.
1. These rivers originate in the Western Ghats.
2. These rivers are seasonal or they carry water seasonally.
3. The rivers in peninsular area are fed of rain. During the dry season, even the larger rivers have reduced water flow.