Q- Explain the statement- ‘There should be sufficient room for normal political activity before election’.
Answer- “There should be sufficient room for normal political activity before election”. This statement states that it is absolutely right that there should be a sufficient room for normal political activity before election because this is the only key to held any election in a free and fair manner. During elections all people have right to choose representative of their own choice and no one can force anyone to vote to a particular representative. This is the complete meaning of the above statement- ‘There should be sufficient room for normal political activities before election’.
You can also understand the meaning of the statement- ‘There should be sufficient room for normal political activities before election’ from three main points that are given below. So you should read them carefully:
1. In a democracy people have right to choose their representative through election and in an election every people have full freedom to choose representative of their own choice. In it no one can force them to vote to a particular representative.
2. More choice is provided to people in elections so that people could choose the best representative for them. In other words everyone has right to take part in elections and no one can restrict anyone from taking part in elections.
3. In a democratic country people can exercise several rights such as:
- Right Choose
- Right to for opinion
- Right to Speech
- Right to Express your own Opinion
We are damn sure that you understood all the stuff that we provided you in above answer about ‘explain the statement there should be sufficient room for normal political activities before election‘ properly. So, you should follow our blog now to get notification & updates of our latest articles. If you are interested in reading more content about democracy and how it is exercised in India. So we would like to recommend you to read the lines given below:
Democracy is a form of government in which the ruler is chosen by common people through election. In it the elections are held regularly after a specific time period. There are proper rights and equal freedom for all people and no one can be denied from taking part in elections. Democracy is the only form of government that provides a deserving ruler to country and equality among common people. These specialties of democracy made it very common in several country. Today most of the countries are democratic republic.
Types of Democracy:
There are several types of democracy but here we are only taking about the main types of democracy and also some variants of democracy. In the next paragraph we are going to talk about them all in little brief. So, the main types of democracy are given below:
1. Direct Democracy
2. Representative democracy
3. Parliamentary democracy
4. Presidential democracy
1. Direct Democracy: Direct democracy is a type of democracy in which the citizens have right to participate directly in process of decision making. In it the citizens can take decision from their own without any intermediary representative. It is a kind of political system that provide some major powers to the common people:
- Common people have right to change constitutional laws.
- People have right to give binding orders to elective officials such as: Initiating a lawsuit in case any representative was breaking any campaign promise.
- Citizens have right to put referendum in political decisions.
2. Representative Democracy: Representative Democracy is a kind of democracy in which all the government officials were chosen by the people who were being represented. The common feature in democracy and representative democracy is that the representative is been chosen on the basis of majority of votes. This type of democracy is mostly used in western countries.
3. Parliamentary Democracy: When we talk about parliamentary democracy, it is a kind of system in which the government is made by representatives and these representatives have full right to dismiss that government from rule. In this political system the president is elected by common people and is the head of both state as well as government. In this system the Prime minster has not much importance as he or she can be easily removed from his or her seat if he or she was not performing their functions properly.
4. Presidential Democracy: In this political system the president is chosen through election and n this election each and every citizen has right to vote. Most of the executive powers of the nation are given to president. In other words the president is the head of both central as well as state government. The name of this type of political system is given in behalf of president as in this system most of the powers are given to president and a semi-presidential system that includes both Prime minister as well as President.
Variants of Democracy:
There are fourteen main variants of democracy. We are providing you complete list of the variants of democracy one by one. This list might be very useful for you learn more about other forms of government except democracy.
- Constitutional Monarchy
- Participatory politics
- Creative democracy
- Consensus democracy
- Guided democracy
- Liberal democracy
Tags: Explain the statement- ‘There should be sufficient room for normal political activity before election’.