Q- Give main characteristics of largest peninsular river?
Answer- The main characteristics of largest peninsular river are as follows:
1. The largest peninsular river is Godavari which is also known as ‘Dakshin Ganga’.
2. The length of Godavari river is about 1500 Km.
3. The drainage basin of this river is also the largest amongst the peninsular rivers.
4. The basin of this river cover a large area of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Andhra Pradesh.
5. The Godavari river is joined by a many tributaries. Some of them are: the Purna, the Wardha, the Pranhita and the Manjra.