Q- “It is the citizen of a country, who make good or bad democracy.” Justify the statement by giving three suitable reasons.
Answer- Yes it is correct that “It is the citizen of a country, who make good or bad democracies”. Mexico also faced the same issue because of the following three reasons:
- Since, Independence in 1930, Mexico holds elections every six years to elect its president.
- In Mexico, the PRI was known to use unfair means or malpractices to win elections. The PRI sent large sums of money in the campaign for its candidates and booths were shifted from one place to another at the last minute, which made it very difficult for the people to cast their votes.
- But until 2000, every election was won by PRI. Opposition parties did contest elections but never managed to win.
This issue to also found in China the situations of Mexico and China are different:
- In China, the elections do not offer people a chance to choose their representatives.
- They have to choose the ruling party and the candidates approved by it.
- In Mexico, the people seemed to have a choice but practically they did not have any choice.
- There was no way that the ruling party could be defeated, even if the people were against it.
Important Questions for Class 9 Students
- What is the role of the Cabinet Ministers in a democracy?
- How is the Rule of Law considered the foundation of any democracy?
- Why do we need rights in a democracy?
Some Similar Queries
Is the citizens of a country who make good or bad democracy justify the statement?
Yes, citizens of a country are responsible for making the democracy good or bad because in a democracy citizens have the power to choose their ruler, and if the citizens themselves choose any representative who is denying the rule of democracy. Then this is the mistake of the citizen.
It is the citizen of a country who make good or bad democracy justify the statement class 9
It is the citizen of a country who make good or bad democracy because in a democratic country the citizens have the right to choose their representative. So, if the representative is not following the rules of a democratic form of government. Then is the mistake of citizens.