Q- Why do we need rights in a democracy?
Answer- Rights are the claims of a person or citizen of a country over other fellow being over the society as well as over the government. There are several rights that are essential for a democratic country. These rights protect citizens from injustice and getting hurt by others.
We need rights in a democracy because of the following reasons:
- Right are necessary in a democracy because they will help to create necessary changes to make our government run in a better way.
- Rights help in safeguarding the equality between minorities and majorities.
- Rights play a vital role in making the democracy sustenance of democracy. Without rights, democracy in a country becomes ineffective.
- It prevents any citizen from taking away the rights of others.
- People can live Independent and secure life if there are rights in a democratic country.
- Rights gave citizens the power to express their opinions to the rulers and participate in political activities.
- It provides the right t every citizen of a country to participate in political and democratic activities.
Some Important Questions for Class 9
- Giving an example of Zimbabwe, show how laws were made by one single ruler.
- How is Rule of Law considered the foundation of any democracy?
- What is the role of the Cabinet Ministers in a democracy?
Why do we need rights in a democracy short answer
We need rights in a democracy because rights are the only thing that can make democracy possible. Without rights, there might be inequality, discrimination, crimes, etc. but to safeguard these all, we need to have proper rights and a constitution for a democratic country.
What do we need rights in a democracy Class 9?
Rights are very important for a democratic country as they make every citizen equal. There are some other necessities of rights in a democratic country. These are as follows:
1. Rights help in safeguarding the equality between minorities and majorities.
2. Rights play a vital role in making the democracy sustenance of democracy. Without rights, democracy in a country becomes ineffective.
3. It prevents any citizen from taking away the rights of others.