Q- “Lakes are of great value to human beings”. Justify the statement with three suitable reasons.
Answer- Yes, it is correct that lakes are of great value to human beings.
The benefits of lakes to human beings are:
- Rivers and lakes provide adequate water for domestic, Industrial, Agricultural as well as commercial purposes.
- The water from rivers is used to generate hydroelectricity.
- Some saltwater lakes help in the formation of salt.
- Lakes make transportation or export easier as well as quicker.
- Lakes help to develop tourism and provide recreation.
- lakes provide a source of livelihood for several people.
- During heavy rainfall lakes prevent flooding and in the dry season, they provide a water supply.
- Lakes help in regulating the flow of rivers.
- The Lakes maintain the aquatic ecosystem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Lakes are of great value to human beings. which of the following statements about lakes is incorrect
It is absolutely right that lakes are of great value to human beings. When we talk about the ecosystem so the lakes are a very important part of it.
Write why lakes are of great value to human beings Class 9
Lakes are of great value to human beings because they are a good source of fresh water and some lakes also play a big role in the country’s economy through tourism. It is an important part of the Eco-system.