Q- Make two lists: one with the main events and the effects of the February Revolution and the other with the main events effects of the October Revolution. Write a paragraph on who was involved in each, who were the leaders and what was the impact of each on Soviet history.
Answer- February Revolution:
· 22nd February – A Lockout at a Factory
· Demonstrations thronged the centre of the capital, and curfew was imposed.
· 25th February: Suspension of Duma.
· 27th February – Formation of Soviet.
· 2nd March – Tsar leaves power and provisional government formed.
The February marked as end to the autocratic Tsarist rule in Russia and paved the way for an elected government. There was no leader of this movement. The revolution has no political party as its forefront. It was led by the people themselves. Petrograd had brought down the monarchy, and thus, gained a significant place in Soviet history. Trade unions grew in number.
· 16th October – Formation of Military Revolutionary Committee.
· 24th October – Pro-government troops called in to deal with the situation
· Military Revolutionary Committee controls the city by night and ministers surrender.
· The Bolshevik take control of the power.
The leader of the October Revolution was Lenin and his subordinates. This event gave way for completed control of Bolsheviks over Russia and the beginning of a single party rule.
Trotskii and involved the masses who supported these leaders. It marked the beginning of Lenin’s rule over the Soviet, with the Bolsheviks under his guidance.