Q- State any two control measures to be taken before grains are stored.
Answer- We all know that if we store food grains so there are two main factors that affect it and leads to loss. These two factors are as follows:
1. Abiotic factors: Abiotic factors include non-living components such as: air, moisture, temperature e.t.c. .
2. Biotic factors: Biotic factors include all the living components that affect the food grains. Some of the biotic factors are: Insects (Nematodes), Pests (Moues and Rats) e.t.c. .
Before storing grains there should be some preventive measures that are to be taken while storing food grain. Some of them are as follows:
1. The food grain should be properly clean.
2. Food grains should be properly dried.
3. It should be fumigated gunny bags.