Q- What advantages did Indian constitution makers have unlike South Africa?
Answer- The main advantage that Indian constitution makers have unlike South Africa is that they do not need to create a consensus for what a democratic India should look like. On the other hand for drafting the Indian constitution several debates and meetings were held after it.
Finally, the Indian Constitution drafting committee made India’s constitution the world’s lengthiest constitution. That provided equal rights to every citizen of India.
Class 9th Important Questions
- What kind of soils are needed for natural vegetation
- What is Coriolis force? Describe briefly its effect on the world climate
- Explain why Nomadic tribes need to move from one place to another
We hope that in the above answer you easily understood what advantages did Indian constitution makers have unlike south Africa. If you want to read more about the procedure of Drafting the constitution of India so you can read the lines given below. Now we are quite sure that you can answer the question what advantages did Indian constitution makers have unlike south Africa properly in your examination.
Formation of Indian Constituion
In the year 1928, all parties conference formed a committee in Lucknow whose main motive was to draft a constitution for India.
So, several debates and meetings were held to discuss what should be in the constitution of India. After a long period finally, the constituent assembly got succeeded in drafting the Indian constitution.
But some of the articles of the Indian constitution came into force on 26 November 1949. The articles of the Indian constitution that came into force on 26 November 1949 are given below:
- Article 5
- Article 6
- Article 7
- Article 8
- Article 9
- Article 60
- Article 324
- Article 366
- Article 367
- Article 379
- Article 380
- Article 388
- Article 391
- Article 392
- Article 393
- Article 394
And other remaining articles of the Indian constitution came into force on 26 January year 1950. That is why this day is celebrated as Republic day in India. The constitution-makers form a way that can be used to make some changes in the constitution that is called an ‘amendment’. Through the amendment, anything can be changed in the constitution after discussion with Parliament.
Events in Drafting Constitution of India
Some Important dates that you should keep in mind regarding the formation of the Indian constitution are as follows:
- 6 December 1946- The Constituent Assembly was formed to draft the constitution of India.
- 9 December 1946- The first meeting was held for drafting the Indian constitution.
- 11 December 1946- The Constituent Assembly elected Dr. Rajendra Prasad as president, H.C Mukherjee as vice-chairman, and B.N Rau as an advisor.
- 13 December 1946- Dr. Jawaharlal Nehru presented an Objective Resolution. That was later made a Preamble of the Indian constitution.
- 22 January 1947- The objective Resolution of Jawaharlal Nehru was adopted.
- 22 July 1947- The National flag of India was adopted.
- 15 August 1947- India got Independence from British rule. This day is celebrated as Independence day in India.
- 29 August 1947- The Constituent Assembly appointed their chairman along with six other members. In it Dr, B.R Ambedkar was made chairman and the other six members were: Khaitan., Mitter, N. Gopalaswami Ayyangar, Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer, Muhammed Sadulla, and Munshi.
- 16 July 1948- V.T Krishnamachari and Harendra Coomar Mookherjee were appointed as second vice presidents of the Constituent Assembly.
- 26 November 1949- The Indian constitution was completed and adopted by Constituent Assembly and some of the articles of the constitution came into force.
- 24 January 1950- The Constitution was completely signed by Constituent Assembly. At that time Indian constitution is of 395 Articles, 8 Schedules, and 22 parts.
- 26 January 1950- All of the articles of the Indian Constitution were adopted and came into force. This day is now celebrated as the Republic day of India.
what advantages did Indian constitution makers have unlike south Africa
If you want to know about what advantages did Indian constitution makers have unlike south Africa so the answer is given above I hope that the answer provided by me might be very helpful for you to learn about what advantages did Indian constitution makers have unlike south Africa.
If you understand it properly so you can share your doubts with other students in the comment section I will also try to reply maximum of the comments.