Q- What are the main characteristics of the mighty river Brahmaputra?
Answer- The main characteristics of the mighty river Brahmaputra are as follows:
1. Brahmaputra river originates from the Tibet, near the Mansarowar Lake. Then it flows eastwards, parallel to the Himalayas.
2. On reaching the Namcha Barwa the Brahmaputa river takes “U” turn and enters into India through Arunachal Pradesh by a deep gorge.
3. The Brahmaputra river is slightly longer than Indus river and most of its course lies outsides India.
4. The Brahmaputra has a braided channel in its entire length in Assam and forms many riverine islands.
5. The main tributaries that joined Brahmaputra river after entering India are: Dibang, the Lohit and Kenula.