Link building is the process of getting links to your website from other sites, especially high traffic, industry specific sites. Getting links to your website used to be an easy task, you just need to get as many inbound links to your site as possible, the quality and nature of the links was irrelevant. Then the relevance of the links arrived; Search engines now take into account the quality and relevance of your site’s inbound links. This makes the link building process much more complicated. Along with all the other tasks of business owners, link building may not be high on the priority list. It may be best to hire a professional internet marketing company to help you out.
In terms of designing or developing a website or blog, the majority of site owners seem to grasp the concept pretty quickly and end up doing a great job over time. What the majority of webmasters find difficult, especially money making webmasters who focus on the profitability of their sites, is the off page optimization or the promotion part.
- Directory Submission: Directory submission has been known to be a proven method of link building for some time now. What you need to do is find plenty of link directories online that accept free url submissions and submit your site to them. All directories are generally organized by categories, so you should submit them in the category that best suits your site and theme.
- Article Submission: There are thousands of free article directories that accept free submissions. You can write an article related to the topic of your site and submit it to some of the major article directories with your anchor text link in the resource box to get backlinks.
- Social Bookmarking: The number of social bookmarking sites available on this date is anyone’s estimate, but the point is, you can easily bookmark your site or history pages on these social bookmarking sites for backlinks.
- RSS Submission: If you have a blog or site with an RSS feed setup, there are hundreds of RSS directories and ping sites where you can submit your feed for backlinks.
- Social Media Pages: There are many social media sites, Squidoo and HubPages for example, that accept user-generated content. You can post your own articles to these sites and use the anchor text to link to your main site.
If you really want people to want to visit your site and pay interest on what you have, you have to sell them content. The content on your website keeps people interested and coming back. The generation of website traffic is primarily about visitors and buyers. Without these people, you are just having fun and losing money in most cases. The content can take the form of blogs or articles that deal with topics related to what you are offering. Offer your potential buyer answers to their questions, information they didn’t know, and ways to get what they’re looking for and they’ll keep coming back time and time again.
If you are looking for a quick way to drive traffic to your website, add a forum. Forums provide a place for consumers, hobbyists and potential buyers to get and share information with each other. They can post questions, give answers and support each other. Forums attract people quickly because most people like to discuss their own personal experience and know how on any topic. The more people who post, the higher your ranking. It is very easy to join a forum to any website.
It’s easy to submit to social bookmarks. You will get instant backlinks after your submission. There are also many bookmarking sites with very high PageRank. To that end, it will help a lot when it comes to search ranking. You can use semi-automatic scripts to submit social bookmark sites to save time.
One of the best techniques for driving traffic to your site is to post ads on free classified ad sites. These sites offer twofold advantages. Both the users of these sites and the search engines will find you faster. The best part about these free sites is that you can post more their announcements and display them for an extended period.
Tags:- what is link building in SEO