Q- What steps were taken by the Constituent Assembly to form the Indian Constitution?
Answer- The steps that were taken by the Constituent Assembly to form the Indian Constitution are:
1. The constituent assembly worked in a systematic, open and consensual manner.
2. Firstly some basic rights and principles were decided with agreement of all members of constituent assembly.
3. Then the chairman of Constituent Assembly of India who was Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. He formed a draft constitution for discussing with all the members of Constituent assembly to make some changes according to satisfaction of every member.
4. Several debates, discussion as well as rounds of thoughts took place on the Draft Constitution. This made more than 2000 changes or amendment in constitution of India.
5. This procedure is very long as it took about 114 days spread over three years.
6. After this long process the final Constitution of India was drafted.
7. Every document and every word spoken in this Constituent Assembly has been recorded and preserved in form of 12 bulky volumes of Constituent Assembly debates.