Q- Why hills are cooler during summer season?
Answer- Because of the very high altitude of hills, the atmosphere of Earth becomes less dense which leads to a decrease in the temperature of that area. This makes hills cooler during the summer season and people prefer to go to the hill stations.
Help for you
- How do Indian lakes differ from each other?
- Give the characteristics and effects of the monsoon rainfall in India.
- Which one of the following characterises the cold weather in India?
If you found this answer helpful for the above question that asked why hills are cooler during summer season class 9? so tell us in the comments.
In the above answer, we provide you full reasonable answer for why hills are cooler during the summer season class 9.
In the paragraphs given below, we are going to tell you about Hills Stations and then we will provide you with a list of some most popular hill stations in India. This all is only for your extra knowledge so if you wish to gain more knowledge about Hill Station of India. So, you can read it.
The Hill stations are the towns that are located at a very higher elevation than the nearby plain or regions. The term hill station is mostly used for those towns that are located at high altitudes of Hills.
Generally, hill stations are popular tourist places because of their cold climatic condition during the summer season. In the summer season, people prefer to go to the hill stations for spending their vacations.
Mostly the hill stations are popular in colonial Asia (particularly India), but also in Africa (albeit rarely), for towns founded by European colonialists as refuges from the summer heat.
The hill stations are at a very high altitude that is about 1000 to 2000 meters high. Due to such high elevation, the hill stations have cold climatic conditions as we previously told you about why hills are cooler during summer season class 9.
There are several popular hill stations in different countries. We are providing you list of some popular hill stations of different countries with names of popular hill stations.
Popular Hill Station in all Over the World
- Brazil: Campos do Jordão and Petropolis
- Costa Rica: Monteverde
- Uganda: Fort Portal
- United States: Beech Mountain, Sky Valley in Georgia, Big Bear Lake in California, Cloudcroft in New Mexico and Summerhaven in Arizona.
- Bangladesh: Moulvibazar, Rangamati, Sreemangal, Sajek Valley, Bandarban, Jaflong and Khagrachari.
- Cambodia: Bokor Hill Station
- China: Mount Jigong, Kuliang, Beidaihe, Guling and Mount Mogan.
- Cyprus: Platres
- Hong Kong: Victoria Peak
- Indonesia: Garut of West Java, Sukabumi of West Java, Puncak of West Java, Tomohon of North Sulawesi, Tana Toraja of South Sulawesi, Malofo of South Sulawesi, Munduk of Bali, Bedugul of Bali, Berastagi of North Sumatra, Batu of East Java, Wonosobo of Central Java, Tawangmangu of Central Java, Padang Panjang of West Sumatra, Sawahlunto of West Sumatra, Tretes of East Java, Kaliurang of Central Java, Lembang of West Java, Baturaden of Central Java, Solok of West Sumatra, Payakumbuh of West Sumatra, Bandungan, Semarang of Central Java, Bukittofggi of West Sumatra, Takengon of Aceh and Salatiga of Central Java.
- India: There are too many hill stations in India. That is why we are covering the list of their names in the next heading. So, if you want to read about why hills are cooler during summer season class 9.
- Iraq: Rawanduz, Sulaymaniyah, Shaqlawa, Amedi and Batifa.
- Israel: Safed and Metula.
- Japan: Nikkō, Lake Chūzenji, Hakone and Karuizawa
- Myanmar: Kalaw, Taunggyi, Thandaung and Pyin Oo Lwin.
- Nepal: Pokhara, Tansen, Nagarkot, Kakani, Gorkha Bazaar, Daman, Dharan, Dhankuta, Illam, Lumle, Kaande, Sarangkot, Namche Bazaar, Bandipur, Dhulikhel, Baglung, Jomsom, Dingboche, Kunde, Khumjung, Lukla, Tengboche, Phortse, Bhimeshwar, Besisahar, Sandhikharka, Tamghas, Phakding, Simikot, Dunai, Jomsom, Thame and Pangboche.
- Phillipines: Baguio, Salvador Benedicto, Tagaytay, Sagada and Mambukal.
- Pakistan: Abbottabad, Naran, Kaghan, Bhurban, Kalam Valley, Malam Jabba, Nathia Gali, Shogran, Behrain, Charra Pani, Murree, Patriata, Ziarat, Gorakh Hill, Bado Hill Station, Hunza Valley, Skardu, Astore Valley, Gilgit, Nagar Valley, Chitral and Jahaz Banda
- Syria: Qadmous, Zabadani, Bloudan, Masyaf and Madaya.
- Czech Republic: Brno
- Vietnam: Da Lat, Sa Pa, Bạch Mã National Park, Tam Đảo and Bà Nà Hills.
- Victoria: Harrietville and Mount Macedon.
- Sri Lanka: Nuwara Eliya is a popular hill station in Sri Lanka and if you want to know why hills are cooler during summer season class 9 so the answer is at the top of this post.
- South Australia: Adelaide Hills and Mount Gambier.
- Queensland: Chapel Hill, Bardon, The Gap, Toowoomba, Merewether, Mount Archer, Ferny Grove, Buderim and New Auckland.
- New South Wales: Kariong, Thirroul, Woonoona, Blue Mountains, Mount Pleasant, Otford, Copacabana and Stanwell Tops.
- Western Australia: Kalamunda, Jarrahdale, Lesmurdie and Bedfordale.
Hill Stations in India
There are several hill stations in different states of India so, we categorized them all according to their states. We hope the content given below might be very interesting and informative for you.
- Assam: Haflong in Dima Hasao district, Hamren in West Karbi Anglong district, Jatinga in Dima Hasao district, Maibang in Dima Hasao district and Umrangso in Dima Hasao district.
- Chhatisgarh: Chirmiri , Mainpat, Akash Nagar and Amarkantak Lapha hill.
- Goa: Molem (why hills are cooler during summer season class 9)
- Jammu & Kasmir: Aru, Doodhpathri, Bhaderwah, Lal Draman, Patnitop, Jantroon Dhar, Lal Draman, Bhal Padri, Bimal Nag, Bimal Nag, Srinagar, Tosamaidan, Yusmarg, Gulmarg, Pahalgam and Sonamarg.
- Jharkhand: Netarhat, Patratu, Meghahatuburu and McCluskieganj.
- Karnataka: Biligiriranga Hills, Jamalabad, Kemmangundi, Kodachadri, Chikkamagaluru, Charmadi, Agumbe, Baba Budangiri, Jog, Jogimatti, Somwarpet, Dandeli, Devimane, Hulikal, Kudremukh, Skandagiri, Virajpet, Mudigere, Mullayanagiri, Nandi Hills, Pushpagiri, Koppa, Kushalnagar, Mercara, Male Mahadeshwara Hills, Sakleshpur and Sirsi.
- Gujarat: Jawhar Hills, Suryamal Hills, Mount Abu, Don Hill Station, Mahabaleshwar Hills, Saputara Hills, Lonavala Hills, Wilson Hills, Toranmal Hill and Matheran Hills.
- Bihar: Kaimur Range, Gurpa Hills, Rajgir hills and Bateshwar hills.
- Haryana: Panchkula is a popular tourist place in Haryana. Mostly tourist arrive Panchkua during summer season because it is quick cool weather during summer in Panchkula. If you want to know why hills are cooler during summer season class 9 so the answer is at the top of this post.
- Kerala: Achenkovil, Agali, Anakkara, Amboori, Aryankavu, Athirapally, Ayyampuzha, Ayyankunnu, Banasura Hill, Illikkal Kallu, Iritty, Kakkadampoyil, Bison Valley, Bonacaud, Brimore, Chadayamangalam, Charalkunnu, Chathurangappara, Cheemeni, Chinnakanal, Chittar, Devikulam, Dharmathadka, Elapeedika, Elappara, Ezhimala, Parambikulam, Parunthumpara, Pathanamthitta, Gavi, Ilaveezha Poonchira, Kallar, Kalpetta, Kambilikandam, Kanthalloor, Kinnakorai, Vellarimala, Kodanad, Kodencheri, Kodikuthimala, Konni, Koorachundu, Kottancheri Hills, Kottiyoor, Kulathupuzha, Kumily, Kuttampuzha, Kuttikkanam, Lakkidi, Madayipara, Malakkappara, Malayattur, Ponmudi, Poomala, Malom, Agasthiyamalai,Ambanad Hills, Ambalavayal, Mananthavady, Maniyar, Arimbra Hills, Anakkampoyil, Anchuruli, Aralam, Marayoor, Melukavu, Meppadi, Painavu, Pakshi Pathalam, Panchalimedu, Moolamattom, Kulamavu, Kulathupuzha, Vazhachal, Vazhichal, Mundakayam, Munnar, Muthanga, Nedumkandam, Peermade, Peruvannamuzhi, Poonjar, Ramakkalmedu, Ranipuram, Ranni, Santhanpara, Seethathode, Soordelu Hill Station, Sulthan Bathery, Suryanelli, Vaithalmala, Vandiperiyar, Vaduvanchal, Vandanmedu, Teekoy, Thamarassery, Thattekkad, Thekkady, Thenmala, Thiruvambadi, Thodupuzha, Tirunelli, Udumbanchola, Vagamon, Vattavada, Nelliampathi, Padavayal, Vithura, Vythiri, Karapuzha and Kattappana. The answer of why hills are cooler during summer season class 9 is at the top of this post.
- Himanchal Pradesh: Shimla, Triund, Tattapani, Barog, Kasol, Khajjiar, Kufri, Rohtang, Kullu, Chitkul, Dalhousie, Barot, Chail, Chamba, Dharamshala, Kalpa, Manali and Mashobra.
- Maharashtra: Antur, Amba ghat, Bhandardara, Deosur, Fukeri, Bhildari, Bhor ghats, Birmani, Hatlot, Chikhaldara, Dahel, Dandhari, Darrekasa, Hirdoshi, Hemalkasa, Igatpuri, Lavasa, Lonavala, Jimalgatta, Kaladgad, Jamnya, Jawhar, Karjat, Karnala Fort, Khandala, Kinjale, Kopela, Kuroshi, Naneghat, Nawaja, Panchgani, Malshej Ghat, Matheran, Mhaismal, Kalavantin durg, Mahabaleshwar, Malewada hills, Pofali, Pokur, Rampurwadi, Ratangad, Saleghat, Toranmal, Thippa, Uchat, Shindi, Tamhini Ghat, Tangala, Ambenali hills, Amboli, Amshi and Bambarde.
- Madhya Pradesh: Pachmarhi and Amarkantak. (why hills are cooler during summer season class 9)
- Mizoram: Lunglei, Mamit, Reiek, Champhai and Hmuifang.
- Nagaland: Pfutsero, Dzüko Valley and Kohima.
- Ladakh: Drass, Kargil and Leh.
- Odisha: Banigocha, Phulabani, Sukhuapata hills, Tensa, Daringbadi, Deomali, Gopinathpur, Gorumahisani hills, Jiranga, Jurundi, Kalimela, Doganda, Bolagarh hills, Burakhat, Khairput hills, Khajurai, Khajurdihi Range, Khallikote hills, Khandapada hills, Kiriburu, Koraput, Labangi, Lamberi, Lulung, Mahulpatna, Parshuram Kunda, Patel, Mahendragiri, Malayagiri hills, Guma, Gurundi, Jakham, Nuagada, Pampasar, Sagada, Seranga, Nalaghat, Narayanpatna, Niyamagiri hills, Supali and Tikarpada.
- Rajasthan: Hundla, Telni, Manasi, Akhi, Gurad, Mount Abu, Nidh, Seeta Mata hills and Shahabad.
- Meghalaya: Cherrapunjee, Dawki, Mawsynram, Jowai, Shillong and Mawlynnong.
- Manipur: Chandel , Churachandpur, Kaina, Kamjong, Sadar Hills, Senapati, Tamenglong, Kangpokpi, Tengnoupal, Noney, Pherzawl and Ukhrul.
- Sikkim: Dzuluk, Gangtok, Gyalshing, Yuksom, Yumthang, Pelling, Phodong, Rangpo, Lachen, Lachung, Namchi, Ravangla and Soreng.
- Tamil Nadu: Adukkam, Kannamangalam hills, Kodayar hill, Arangam, Aravatla, Arasaradi hills, Attakatti, Azhwar Malai, Bellikkal, Bargur, Mancode, Manjolai, Alancholai, Kalrayan Hill, Highwavys, Masinagudi, Manthal, Bikketti, Bodimettu, Connoor, Cumbummettu, Cherambadi, Devala, Devarshola, Dottabetta, Elamanam hills, Elavadi, Elumalai hills, Gangavalli hill, Germalam hill, Gudalur, Gundri, Gurumalai, Guthiyalathur, Huligal, Hullathy, Ittarai, Janglapalli, Palamathi hills, Kanchanagiri (Mini Munnar), Chenganatham hills, Jarugumalai, Javadi Hills, Kadambur, Kadayal, Chinna Kallar, Cinkona, Chinnar, Mundanthurai, Kadanad, Kadavur Valley, Kambalai, Kanamalai, Kanjamalai, Kodanad, Kolaribetta, Koraiyar hills, Kottagudi, Kottaimalai, Kunnur ,Manjampatti Valley, Mannavanur, Mavallam, Mekkarai, Mettur hills, Mukurthi hill, Kariyalur, Karumutty, Kavunji, Kinnakorai, Mulli, Muthukuzivayal, Kallar hills, Ketti Valley, Kilkunda, Kodaikanal, Pandrimalai, Palliparai, Pathukani, Pattipadi, PeriyurPerumalmalai, Agastyamalai, Agamalai, Aginda peak, Keeriparai, Kilavarai, Anaikatti, Ponmani, Poombarai, Puthuputhur, Kolli Hills, Kolukkumalai, Nagoor hills, Navamalai, Nayakkaneri hills, Kookal, Kotagiri, Kurangani, Kumbur, Melagiri, Thali, Nagalur, Oosimalai, Ooty, O’valley, Pechiparai, Pachaimalai Hills, Pandalur, Poondi, Puliancholai hills, Ramakkalmedu, Rangampettai, Yercaud, Vachathi, Valaikulam, Reddiyur, Hasanur, Serapattu, Sholur, Sirukundra, Sirumalai, Thaishola, Thirumoorthy hills, Thirparappu, Topslip, Valparai, Sitteri, Sittling hills, Sujalkarai, Sathuragiri hills, Wellington, Yelagiri and Varusanad hills.
- Tripura: Jampui hills in North Tripura
- Uttarakhand: Sankri, Kausani, Kanatal, Ranikhet, Pauri, Ramgarh, Pangot, New Tehri, Naukuchiatal, Nainital, Mussoorie, Munsiyari, Mukteshwar, Lohaghat, Khirsu, Lansdowne, Landour, Khurpatal, Joshimath, Harsil, Dhanaulti, Gidara Bugyal, Dayara Bugyal, Chopta, Chaukori, Chamba, Binar, Chakrata, Bhimtal, Berinag, Auli, Bedini Bugyal and Almora.
- West Bengal: Totopara, Turturi, Yakrabong, Algarah, Belgeria, Bindu, Bijanbari, Buxa, Dhotrey, Dudhia, Relling, Rimbick, Rishyap, Samsing, Ghoom, Hatta, Icche Gaon, Jorpokhri, Jayanti, Ajodhya Hills, Bagrakote, Bandwan, Jaigaon, Jhalong, Kalijhora , Kolakha, Kolbong, Kumargram, Kunchia, Kurseong, Labha, Lava, Lamagaon, Lepcha Jagat, Lepchakha, Lodhoma, Loleygaon, Makhnu, Gorkhey, Gorubathan, Gumbadara, Hasimara, Mane, Mangpu, Mirik, Mulkarkha, Pankhabari, Pedong, Phalut, Pulbazar, Karru, Ranibandh, Sandakphu, Sevoke, Rammam, Kalimpong, Kankiabong, Karmi, Sillery Gaon, Sonada, Chaltha, Chatakpur, Darjeeling, Soureni, Takdah and Tonglu.
- Telangana: Ananthagiri hills in Vikarabad.