Q- Why is the black soil area in the peninsular part called ‘Deccan Trap’
Answer- The black soil area in the peninsular part is popularly called as ‘Deccan Trap’ because several reasons. Some of the reasons that are behind it are given below:
1. The Deccan trap is formed due to volcanic activities that’s why all the rocks in this area are igneous rocks.
2. The rocks in Deccan Trap have been denuded over time and hence are responsible for the formation of the black soil. Due to continuous flow of lava, an extensive lava plateau has been formed which is commonly known as Deccan Trap in peninsular region.
3. At the west and north west area of Deccan trap there are only Aravali hills.
4. The hills near Deccan Trap are very highly eroded hills hence they are found as broken hills.
5. The Deccan trap is mainly consisting of black soil with igneous rocks.
These are the 5 most common reasons behind why is the black soil area in peninsular plateau called as deccan trap. If you have found need of any other point in this answer so you can suggest us in comment box so we will further edit this answer for you. You can also tell your queries to us in comment box that is available in bottom of this article.
Tags: why is the black soil area in the peninsular part called deccan trap