Q- Write as few lines on Deccan Trap of the Peninsular Plateau. What do you know about the distinct features of the peninsular plateau called the Deccan Trap?
Answer- Deccan Trap is the black soil area of peninsular plateau. The black soil of Deccan trap is fertile too for cultivation.
The distinct features of the peninsular plateau called the Deccan Trap are as follows:
1. The Deccan trap is formed due to volcanic activities as all the rocks in this are igneous rocks.
2. The rocks in Deccan Trap have been demanded over time and are responsible for the formation of the black soil. Due to continuous flow of lava an extensive lava plateau has been formed which is commonly known as Deccan Trap.
3. At the west and north west are of Deccan trap there are only Aravali hills.
4. The hills near Deccan Trap are eroded hills and found as broken hills.
5. The Deccan trap is mainly consisting of black soil with igneous rocks.