Q- Why the period after French Revolution can be called as the age of social change?
Answer- The main reasons behind the period after French Revolution can be called as the age of social change are as follows:
1. The development in the colonies, in turn, reshaped these ideas of social changes.
2. In India, Raja Rammohan Roy and Derozio talked of the significances of French revolution and many others debated the ideas of post-revolutionary Europe.
3. The French Revolution opened up the possibility of creating a democratic changes in the way in which society was structured.
4. Before the 18th century, the society was divided into estate and orders it was the aristocracy or monarchy and church which had full control on social as well as economic power.
5. Suddenly, after the revolution, it is seemed to be possible to change this. In several areas or parts of Europe and the World, new ideas about fundamental right emerged and it is a point of discussion that who will took power or who would have power to rule the country properly.