Q- Write two differences between acute and chronic diseases.
Answer- Both acute and chronic diseases are opposites. You can learn any two point from all given below:
1. Acute diseases are illnesses that come on quickly but end after a short period of time, while chronic diseases are those that come on slowly but end very late.
2. Acute diseases are caused by viruses or microbes while chronic diseases are spread by poor diet, malnutrition, poor hygiene, etc.
3. Acute diseases are caused by the spread of the microbe from the body of the infected person to the body of a healthy person, but in chronic diseases it is caused by drugs, alcohol, malnutrition, etc. .
4. Most acute diseases can be treated easily, but chronic diseases cannot be treated easily and sometimes results in death.
5. Acute disease cause illnesses very quickly, on the other hand, chronic disease take a long period of time because it is a long-developing syndrome.
6. Acute disease can be caused in people of any age group, but chronic disease mainly spreads in adolescents.
7. Some examples of acute diseases are: asthma, colds, flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, heart attack and other respiratory infections. And some examples of chronic diseases are: diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, arthritis, etc.
8. Chronic illnesses are more dangerous than acute illnesses.
9. Most chronically ill patients take a long time to recover and sometimes become disabled. In acute illness, most patients recover very easily, and some take a long time to recover, but not too much.
10. It is very easy to prevent chronic diseases compared to acute diseases. The prevention of their both is as follows:
Points to follow to prevent acute disease:
(a) We should use disinfectants or wash our hands before eating.
(b) We should avoid street food and prefer home-cooked meals.
(c) We must use a mask or cover our mouth and nose with any cloth in public places such as parks, offices, grounds, street, etc.
(d) We must consume clean, fresh water.
(e) We must keep our environment clean and tidy.
(f) We must not throw rubbish and garbage in public places as it causes pollution.
Points to follow to prevent chronic disease:
(a) We should not smoke.
(b) We must not consume any type of drug such as alcohol, etc.
(c) We should not eat too much fast food or junk food and should prefer healthy foods.
(d) We should do regular exercise and meditation.
(e) We should do yoga regularly in the morning.
(f) We should avoid junk food and not use plastic items to store food.
So students send us your opinion on acute and chronic disease prevention measures in the comments box below and don’t forget to click the next button below to stay connected with us.