Q- Communicable diseases are those which can spread from an infected person to healthy but susceptible persons. Answer the following questions:
(i) Enlist various modes of spread of diseases giving one example of each.
(ii) why are communicable diseases also called infectious diseases?
Answer- (i) There are several modes of spreading diseases but mainly it is divided into six main modes. These are given below one by one with one example of each.
- Contagious diseases include all the diseases that spread through physical contact. One example of a contagious disease is Leprosy.
- Some disease spread through the air as the microbes of these disease enters the body while inhaling air-borne microbial cysts. One example of a disease that spread through the air is Tuberculosis.
- Some diseases spread through vectors and carriers. These diseases spread with the help of any organism that works as a carrier for them. One example of a disease that spread through vectors or carriers is Dengue.
- Some diseases spread through contagious or dirty food and water. One example of the disease that spread through this mode is Cholera.
- Some diseases spread through soil-borne microbes that enter the body of an organism through an injured part. One example of this disease is Tetanus.
- Some diseases spread through an animal bite. One of the most common diseases that spread through an animal bite is rabies.
(ii) It is absolutely right that communicable diseases are also called infectious diseases because communicable diseases are those diseases that spread through communication or by the means of air. The disease spread from infected person to healthy person when they are communicating with each other.
As the microbes of these diseases travel by the means of air. That is why these diseases are also called infectious diseases. Some examples of communicable diseases are Hepatitis A, measles, Hepatitis B, etc. These diseases spread just like infections from one person to another.
- What is Vaccine? How does it provide immunity against disease?
- Pulse-polio program is being regularly followed in various states of India
- Chronic diseases are considered more serious than acute diseases. why
We hope that this answer might be appropriate to solve your doubt but if you require any change in this answer so tell us in the comment box.
We will further change this answer to your demand. So do not forget to share your opinion in the comments. You can read more about Communicable diseases from the paragraphs given below. These lines will be very informative for you.
Communicable diseases are those which can spread from an infected person to healthy but susceptible persons. We already discussed communicable diseases in the above question.