Q- Give five features of the Deccan Plateau.
Answer- There are several features of Deccan Plateau but the most important features of The Deccan Plateau are as follows:
1. The Deccan Plateau consists of three prominent hill ranges from the west to east which are as- Garo, Khasi and Jaintia hills.
2. The north-east extensions of the Deccan Plateau is locally known as the Meghalaya and Karbi-Anglong plateau and North Cachar Hills. It is separated by a fault from the Chota Nagpur plateau.
3. The Deccan Plateau is higher in the west and slopes gently in the eastward.
4. The Satluj range flanks its broad base in the north while the Mahadev, the Kaimur hills and the Maikal range from its eastwards extensions.
5. The Deccan Plateau is a triangular landmass that lies in the south of the river Narmada.