Q- Giving an example of Zimbabwe, show how laws were made by one single ruler
Answer- After the Independence of Zimbabwe in the year 1980, it is being ruled by a political party named ZANU-PF which led to the freedom struggle in Zimbabwe.
- The leader of the ZANU-PF party, Robert Mugabe has been ruling the country since independence. But ZANU-PF used to win elections using some different unfair practices in it.
- The government has made several changes in the constitution to increase the power of the President and make him less accountable.
- Public protests are declared illegal in Zimbabwe.
- Different Laws are made to limit the right to raise a voice against the President.
- Newspapers are independent but the rulers harass those reporters who speak against them.
- The meetings of all the opposition parties were disrupted and the members were harassed.
- The media has been forced to print and speak in favor of the ZANU-PF ruling party.
This example of Zimbabwe shows that popular leaders can be autocratic and popular parties can be undemocratic. So, it is very important to look at the process of conducting elections in a fair way.
Class 9 Important Questions
- Why do we need rights in a democracy?
- Explain the statement- ‘There should be sufficient room for political activity before elections’
- How is the Rule of Law considered the foundation of any democracy?
Which party has ruled Zimbabwe since its independence and who was its ruler?
ZANU-PF party has ruled Zimbabwe since its independence in the year 1980. The ruler of Zimbabwe after independence is Robert Mugabe.
How can you say that Zimbabwe shows how laws were made by one single ruler?
After the Independence of Zimbabwe in the year 1980. A political party named ZANU-PF is governing the country. The leader of this party is Robert Mugabe. ZANU-PF used to win elections using some different unfair practices in it and public protests are declared illegal.
5 thoughts on “Giving an example of Zimbabwe, show how laws were made by one single ruler”