How to become a successful Blogger:
Before we begin, let me tell you that this is not a magic bullet or a step-by-step “do it and get it”. These are tips I made while blogging on my Spanish blog that took me to the next level (# 3 on Google to make money blogging / online in a year).
These tips, combined with your enthusiasm and passion, will help you succeed.
I’ll start by saying that there are two types of factors that will make you successful:
1) Controllable / Predictable Factors: Goals in this category are easier to achieve than any other, as it depends on you, how you do it and how you want to do it.
2) Uncontrollable / unpredictable factors: the most difficult to obtain. You can try to reach them, but it doesn’t entirely depend on how you do it.
Now let’s start with the uncontrollable factors:
1) Social Media: As I always say, social media is the most powerful tool a blogger can use. You really can’t be successful if you ignore them. One of the main points is that I don’t like letting traffic come only from search engines because they are a bit unpredictable. Word of mouth is therefore the best, and it all comes from marketing, which comes from social media optimization.
2) Update: Having dead social accounts not only is useless, but they will give you a really bad reputation. If you don’t want to spend some time having decent social accounts, then don’t create one.
3) Learn SEO: While my advice is not to rely on organic traffic alone, SEO is a must these days. There are tons of free ebooks that contain great SEO tips and tricks. Other than that, you can check out the Matt Cutts blog for additional Google information and general SEO tips. To finish, continue to visit this blog, because I will start an SEO tutorial for very beginners which will gradually increase its difficulty.
4) Listen to your readers: Another must if you want to be successful, both blogging and if you want to make money blogging. I think listening to readers is fun. You learn from them, get ideas for new articles, you make friends… Blogging is a two-way communication, so listen to your readers, both will benefit from this relationship.
5) Maximize Sources of Income: As you should have various sources of traffic fueling your blog, in order to make money blogging you need various sources of income to feed your pocket. This is one of the goals I want to achieve with this blog: to provide my readers with proven ways to make money blogging.
6) Try: But to maximize your income, you need to try different strategies to get the most out of each source.
7) Relationships: In addition to building relationships with your readers, do it with other bloggers in your niche, you will learn from them and you will make yourself known. It is very important to be known to all bloggers.
8) Participate: on forums, respond on Yahoo Answer… Helping in any way possible is always a positive thing, because people will remember you, and if you show a link to your site, they will visit it and s ‘will probably stick with it.
Now, uncontrollable factors:
1) Luck: you need luck. How to get lucky?
– By finding a four leaf clover. (I have one, but haven’t noticed any changes so far)
– Here in Spain, they say that if you walk towards a dog’s poop, luck will happen to you. (I did this, accidentally, but haven’t noticed any changes so far)
If anyone knows, please message me or leave a comment.
2) Meeting: You have to be in the right place at the right time to have a successful relationship. Obviously today it’s more difficult than it used to be, but it still pays off.
3) Mojo: Everyone needs their own mojo. Some will like it, some won’t, but you need something different. Your mojo will help you market yourself. Carl Ocab, for example, is known as Kid Blogger, Darren Rowse as Pro Blogger. I’m a Spanish blogger who earns money blogging in English … Get to know your mojo.
To summarize. Success is difficult to achieve, but the possibilities will increase if you put your effort into it.
By the way, do you have other ways to try to be successful? Leave a comment and I’ll link to you on the post.
Thanks for reading.