Q- Name different types of cells found in areolar C.T. State their functions.
Answer- Areolar tissues are the most abundant type of connective tissue. It mainly acts as binding tissue between the organic binds (bone to bone). It also acts as packaging tissues around blod vessels and nerves.
The areolar tissue is composed of two main fibre:
White fibre and yellow fibre.
The white fibre is responsible for providing strength to the cell or tissue whereas the yellow fibres are responsible for providing elasticity to the cell or tissue.
The white and yellow fibres are different from each other in several ways. Some of them are as follows:
1. white fibres are thinner, unbranched and wavy in nature.
2. white fibres are composed or formed of collagen protein.
3. White fibres are responsible for several function but mainly they are helpful in providing strength to the cell or tissue.
4. The white fibres generally occurs in bundles.
1. Yellow fibre is thicker, branched and straight in nature.
2. Yellow fibre are composed or formed of elastin protein.
3. White fibres are responsible for several function but mainly they are helpful in providing elasticity to the cell or tissue.
4. The Yellow fibre generally occurs singly.